question

xgiovio avatar image
xgiovio asked ·

Time for skill approval - Italy Skill and Promotion

Hello ,guys. I would like to apply for this promotion: https://developer.amazon.com/it/alexa-skills-kit/alexa-developer-skill-promotion

I developed two skills but I'm a bit worried. My first skill is still in review and it has been sent for review about 2 weeks ago. The promotion states that the app should be published in that time range until November 30th to be able to apply for the benefits.

How can we apply if the amazon approvation team is so slow?

Any advice or feedback from them?

Thank you

submission testing certificationskill
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Vladimir avatar image
Vladimir answered ·

Hello xgiovio, thanks for posting on the forum. Our testing team is facing a large work volume these days but it's doing an extra effort to get the skills certified. If you would like to have more information about the status of your submitted skill please file a contact us here where we will be able to assist further.

Regards,

Vladimir

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Do I have to submit or publish my skills for the prize by 30 November?

In view of the time required for approval, can we have a derogation?

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
Pier94 avatar image
Pier94 answered ·

I have the same problem!

Deleted avatar image
Deleted answered ·

I submitted my skill at the starting of November. It was rejected twice and every certification process took 10 days (every rejection was due to a trivial 5-second-fixing issue). It is now impossible for me to partecipate to this promotion because of the infinite approval time. Embarassing...

popsite avatar image
popsite answered ·

I'am in the same situation. My skill has been left in "review" for almost two weeks, but this morning (one day before the death line) I've just received a laconic message that told me:

Unfortunately, your skill has not been published on Amazon Alexa.

We consider a variety of factors as we evaluate each skill, including the customer experience offered on the device through the skill. While our goal is to offer a broad and compelling selection of skills to Amazon customers, not all skills will be made available on Amazon Alexa.

Now, I've already submitted this skill once (30th October) and it has been rejected 5 days later due to technical issues, and only for these issues. I've worked one week to rebuild everything from scratch and took a lot of efforts in order to fix the issues mentioned in the negative feedback. Then, after more than two weeks, I've received a negative feedback without any further details. This is unfair and, frankly unacceptable. How I'm supposed to keep working on it without any clue about the problems. Even a sentence like "your skill is stupid or totally pointless" would have been more helpful. But honestly I've found other skills like mine, but worse in quality (I've even hired a professional voice over actress to keep a premium feel) and even less interactive. So it seems to me like a very quick and dirty way to reduce the queue. I hope to get more details about my negative feedback.

popsite avatar image
popsite answered ·

Any news on that delay? Today is the very last day for submission, and a lot of us still have Skill in review.

1 comment

It seems that today they are not reviewing skills. They only published 2 skills developed by the same person on the Italian store....

I’m very disappointed,15 days in review without having feedback.

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-447fbfe5-77c8-4100-b75d-fb74a00255f0 avatar image
newuser-447fbfe5-77c8-4100-b75d-fb74a00255f0 answered ·

Amazon has extended promotion to the end of december.

Vladimir avatar image
Vladimir answered ·

Due to the high interest in the promotion, a new one with similar conditions is in place for December. Please have a look on our website.

Regards,
Vladimir

newuser-811a0d20-625f-4227-bd07-effaafdf9cbb avatar image
newuser-811a0d20-625f-4227-bd07-effaafdf9cbb answered ·

I have the same issue with two skills, one of them translate in English and validate in USA store in 12 hours.