question

newuser-5551b98a-e67f-4123-9b6b-c58efd79240a avatar image

Do we need to re go through the certification process if we add a feature after certification

Hello , I will be publishing my skill soon . My question is lets say i want to add a feature down the line , can i normally update code in my lambda backend or does it have to go through the recertification process again? Also , the best pointers to avoid a skill being sent back during cerification ? Any help is appreciated , thanks!

alexa skills kitalexanode_jsalexa for businessalexa skills challenge
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Rokas avatar image
Rokas answered

If you change only code, but not interaction model, then you don't need to recertify. But if you, let's say add a new intent or additional slot values, or decide to change skill description, well basically if you change anything in the dev portal, then yes - you need to submit your skill for certification in order for changes to take effect.

Talking about, how to not fail the certification. It is quite hard to do that the first time. The best pointers would be to follow alexa certification requirements posted here rigorously. Even though I wouldn't be too worried if you won't pass cert the first time. You'll get the feedback about what was wrong, so you could fix that and recertify.

10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.