question

jonofe avatar image
jonofe asked ·

DoorbellEventSource does not work as trigger for a new routine in DE region

I'm developing a Smarthome Skill for Alexa which create a virtual DoorbellEventSource Device.

Discovery works like a charme, so I'm able to see the device in my alexa app. I'm also able to send a DoorbellPress event to the Alexa Event Gateway (acknowleged by HTTP 202 response), hence successful.

Now my problem: When creating a new routine in my alexa app with the Doorbell as trigger, I get the error message, that this device is currently not supported. Similar routines which I trigger with contact or motion sensors work perfectly. I updated the alexa app to the latest version and also restarted my phone, but without success.

Anybody has an idea, why I can't get doorbell device to work? Is it really not yet supported in the EU/german region?

BTW, I can't see a successful doorbell event neither in smarthome live skill debugger nor in the state reporting test tool. It's probably because it's not a change report message but an Alexa.DoorbellEventSource message, right?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards

André

alexa smart homesmart home
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anand@Amazon avatar image
Anand@Amazon answered ·

Hey Jonofe,

I already provided response to your contact us case query. DoorBell Event Source API is released only for US region. So if you trying to build it for DE region then it won't work.

Check this link for more details.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jonofe avatar image
jonofe answered ·

I'm not sure, what exactly I have to migrate to US region?

Do I have to change something in my Amazon Account? In my configuration of my echo devices? In my skill? In the lambda function?

Do I have to create a new skill from scratch or is it only about changing a setting in my active skill to do the test in US region?

1 comment

Hello Jonofe,

Try creating a US locale of your skill with endpoint in US-EAST-1 region. Your skill needs to redirected to api.amazon.com endpoint instead of api.eu.amazon.com to be working.

0 Likes 0 ·
KasimirWetter avatar image
KasimirWetter answered ·

Developing skills is terrible. New Features are not provided in specific regions and the documentation doesn't tell you. Best example ist this DoorBell Event. And if you ask, amazon says "check this link". Yeah, check this link and you won't get an information for example that this isn't working in germany. Guys... Do your work and provide the right informations. Don't like to spend hours for finding out why things are not working.

1 comment

Hey there,

I have provided feedback to relevant team and all necessary changes will be done soon.

0 Likes 0 ·