question

jomer avatar image
jomer asked

Read specific calendar entry

Scenario:

I have a daily calendar entry, every single day at 7:30PM, there's an entry in the calendar for one of the members of my household to do the litterboxes. This is a calendar entry because sometimes they require quick rearrangement and it's easy to open up Google Calendar, update the entry and then everyone in the house has the same schedule fully up to date.

What I would like is to be able for someone at home to say, "alexa who's turn is it to do the litterboxes" or "alexa litterboxes tonight" something like that, and Alexa will look at the attached calendar and find the next 7:30PM appointment and read it. That's it. No appointment, then "I'm sorry there is no appointment" or whatever standard error message, but if there is, it should simply read the calendar entry title and nothing else.

How would I go about doing something such as this? The routines only offer the ability to select the "next" appointment, but that calendar is used to coordinate all things for house members, so it is usually full of items.

calendar
1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I believe you'll have to develop an alexa skill for this sort of functionality that has access and permissions to that calender. Routines do not have that sort of flexibility at the moment.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

jomer avatar image
jomer answered

Thank you Jamie@Amazon, I'll have to give that a shot then.

Thanks!

1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.