question

newuser-85cd9415-d1de-4303-b4de-01f8f6fe32cf avatar image

Server unresponsive error

Hi Amazon team,

I'm trying to develop an Amazon skill for smart home. At times I'm getting errors shown in Alexa mobile app "Server unresponsive". But it goes away after sometime. And the report state is working fine after sometime.

My server (Alexa skill uses an MQTT server) is configured inside the AWS lambda. So for every Alexa request, we try to get the response from MQTT.

Can you advise me as to how to avoid this error?

My skill id is amzn1.ask.skill.02aa2f9f-66b6-467d-83a8-89a132bd9761

Thanks,

Zac.

smart home
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

roy-1 avatar image
roy-1 answered

Hi Zac,

Thanks for posting! The first thing that I'd recommend checking is the time it's taking for your skill to return responses. I'd recommend logging all requests to your skill, and also including a log statement right before returning any responses. This will give you timestamps in CloudWatch logs to help troubleshoot.

In general, you'll want to be returning responses within 8 seconds. I'd also recommend increasing the default timeout settings of your lambda to match this as well.

Please let me know if that helps, or if you're still experiencing any issues.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dave avatar image
Dave answered

I have a few devices connected to my Echo device with the Amazon App. The apple phone works fine, but the android devices and the Amazon fire show the error "Server not responding" using the skill "Switchbee".

Dave

1 comment
10 |5000

Hi Dave,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Alexa Skills Kit Developer Forums! For issues with a particular skill, I'd recommend first trying to get in touch with the creators of the skill to see if they can help troubleshoot. In addition, you can reach out to customer service here

0 Likes 0 ·