question

joeflateau avatar image
joeflateau asked ·

Free Echo Dot Promotion?

I built and submitted a skill for review during the Free Echo Dot promotion, it has been waiting for review for almost a week and now it's Nov and the link to register the skill once it's published doesn't work... it was supposed to be open through Nov 15 according to the landing page during October.

skillecho
1 comment
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I am in the exact same boat and am interested in a response...

0 Likes 0 ·
Harper avatar image
Harper answered ·

Hey all, thanks for this feedback! I'll definitely make sure to pass it on. The form is back up and if anyone is having issues please raise a Contact Us case and we'll be glad to take a look for you!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Idahoski avatar image
Idahoski answered ·

I have the same problem. Submitted my skill before the end of October and it was just approved.

newuser-4619414f-7dd6-4cf4-a604-a99db1a4dcdc avatar image
newuser-4619414f-7dd6-4cf4-a604-a99db1a4dcdc answered ·

Yup, same issue here too. Just submitted a ticket. I also have a coworker who is in the same boat.

The response I got in my ticket was that the form has to be filled out prior to October 31st. That is *NOT* the impression I got from the form they provided. They said we can only fill out the form ONE TIME and we needed to provide the skill ID from our published skill. How could we possibly provide our published skill ID when it wasn't certified!? UGH.

1 comment

I believe the skill ID stays the same as it is in development. I have two published skills and there is only one ID for each of them. Whatever ID you have in developer console (https://developer.amazon.com/alexa/console/ask) is what you supply (they are the ID's I used)

0 Likes 0 ·
Idahoski avatar image
Idahoski answered ·

I thought the form had said not to submit until the skill is published. I had two skills under review and did not know if either or both would be approved by the 15th, especially if there were any issues.

RHammons avatar image
RHammons answered ·

I submitted prior to publishing/certification per the directions and got accepted after the fact. However, I haven't received a promo code or anything else regarding the Dot as of yet. The landing page I saw definitely had language that advised to submit early, even if it hadn't passed certification.

It's not like we're trying to take advantage of anything, it's an honest mistake that arose from ambiguous language. I'm sure they can verify pretty easily that the skill was submitted within the correct timeframe, and there will be some leeway.

joeflateau avatar image
joeflateau answered ·

I wouldn't even say it's a mistake on any of our parts... the form said "enter your published id here, don't submit until it's published" and they also said "we're extending the acceptance deadline to Nov 15 for those submitted for approval before Nov 1"

Is there any sort of response by an admin? I would really appreciate this feedback being sent up the chain!

Idahoski avatar image
Idahoski answered ·

It would be nice to get a response.