question

Shaun O'Brien avatar image
Shaun O'Brien asked

RFComm Server Connection

I am trying to get my custom gadget connected to my Echo Dot. It seems that I am able to pair the gadget successfully because it shows up in the paired devices list on my Echo Dot. However, I never see a connection attempt to the RFComm Server setup on port 4 using the generic networking profile as stated in the documentation. I am also using the WICED SDK and have used the sample SDP and EIR code from the code sample. What am I doing wrong? Are there any code samples available on creating the RFComm Server to listen for connections?

gadgets toolkit
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

roy-1 avatar image
roy-1 answered

Hi Shaun O'Brien,

Thanks for posting! If you don't have a Bluetooth Vendor ID, please try setting these bytes to 0xFFFF instead of zeros. We'll get this updated in our docs shortly as well. Thanks again, and please let me know how it goes.

2 comments

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks Roy. It still doesn't work. I changed my vendor ID to 0xFFFF and I just get nothing after the pairing process completes. Do you have any actual sample code that I could use as a starting point for receiving the RFComm server events?

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks for the update. I'm digging into this with the team, and will get back to as soon as I can with more info.

0 Likes 0 ·
roy-1 avatar image
roy-1 answered

Hi Shaun,

I'm happy to report that we've added a troubleshooting guide to our tech docs which includes RFCOMM connection issues. Please take a look at the following link and let me know if it helps:

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/alexa-gadgets-toolkit/pair-connect-bluetooth.html#troubleshooting

小逸 avatar image
小逸 answered

@Shaun O'Brien We have encountered the same problem. I wonder if the problem of affiliation has been solved. If so, can you share some ideas?

2 comments

Supplementary Note: We use CYW20735 development board and WICED development framework.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hello,

Have you checked the link to the documentation that @Roy@amazon provided in the previous message?

Regards,
Barry

0 Likes 0 ·