question

greggtwep16 avatar image
greggtwep16 asked

Interstitial Ads extremely low fill rate

I have recently incorporated amazon mobile ads into my game and am seeing extremely low fill rates (<5%) on interstitial ads. Its new game so right now mostly friends and family in U.S and I have confirmed that users are in U.S. based on analytics. I'm a bit concerned at this extremely low fill rate and if this continues I will be forced to use another ad network (admob or unityads). Is this normal?
mobile ads
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

AndroidGuy avatar image
AndroidGuy answered
At least you are seeing something. Mine has shown zero since I started them over a month.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

greggtwep16 avatar image
greggtwep16 answered
Well that is disappointing. I talked with those that were trying out my app and in addition to the low fill rates it seemed to them to be very repetitive. My game shows an interstitial every other game begin (a game tends to last ~5min, so and ad every ~10min if they play that long) and they were reporting that when ads were actually shown they tended to repeat over and over. Obviously this is only when they were actually filled which as I said I have a fill rate under 5%. I ran my game on my device and saw the same thing (only saw solitaire ad over and over). On the google play release of my app I used admob which had near 100% fill rate and great variety. Guess I'll be trying to see if I can incorporate admob in my amazon app as well (have to figure out how to exclude admob ads that would point to the play store since obviously thats not present on kindle).
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
The issue has been reported to respective team. We will get back shortly.
10 |5000

AndroidGuy avatar image
AndroidGuy answered
Case: 249125821 4 days and I still have not heard anything. Why put the ads in our apps if we do not get any credit for them. I am still not seeing any interstitial ads showing in my reports, and I have not been contacted.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
We are working on the issue. We will get back to you once the issue is fixed. Thanks.
10 |5000

janelson avatar image
janelson answered
Dear Sir or Madam. I am also very frustrated and about to stop using Amazon Ads. For 2 months straight I was getting 50% fill rate. Now this past month and a half it's 0.5% fill rate. Most of my users are USA users and when I complained with "Contact Us" They just tell me that only USA users get it, even though I told them my users are mostly from the USA. Please help fix this. Thanks.
10 |5000

Lily Sullivan avatar image
Lily Sullivan answered
My apps are getting a 20% fill rate and have complaint to Amazon last two months. Recently, the request rate drop by 50%, which means the ad revenue I'm getting are only in pennies per day. If Amazon don't fix it soon, I will take all my apps to go elsewhere. I too share pain. =(
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
In order to investigate the issue we need your app details. We would appreciate if you can provide the app details through ContactUs.
10 |5000