question

newuser-22c315c3-49d4-4b7b-83b6-8e0ef4fcc125 avatar image

Spotify Web API Preview Audio Clips

Hi,
I've recently finished a new Alexa app that allows users to find live music events in their area and preview short clips of each band so they can decide whether they want to check out the show. In order to play short previews, we currently look up each artist using the Spotify Web API and stream the Preview Audio Clip back to the user.

The app is completed however we're struggling to get it over the finish line and approved by Amazon's approvals team as they have raised a question over my rights to use these previews within the Alexa app.

According to their feedback, we must:

"Please provide documentation demonstrating that you have the right to use the music content within your skill. The documentation must be either a confirmation letter from the intellectual property rights holder or a copy of the applicable license."

Can someone please direct me to the right team so I can ascertain what needs to be done, and how we can get this over the finish line? I am struggling to get any kind of response out of Spotify.

Thanks very much

alexa
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

KirkC@Amazon avatar image
KirkC@Amazon answered

Hi. If you haven't done so already, please sign into your Amazon Developer Console and create a contact us case using the URL below:

https://developer.amazon.com/support/contact-us?subjectCategory=ALEXA

From there we'll be able to find your skill submission and look into this a bit more closely for you.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.