question

newuser-c94ac627-0a2b-4919-a914-6a924f324ef3 avatar image

Debugging In-app Purchases

My app does not display the information correctly related to pricing and description from the developer's console. I'm trying to debug this process to see what information is coming back from the server. I am using the Amazon App Tester, where I have the amazon.sdktester.json file correctly uploaded. I run the app from Android Studio deployed to my Fire Tv device. However, when I run the app and navigate to where my in app purchase happens, there is no data there whatsoever.

I believe that I am not using the App Tester correctly. After loading the json file, what other steps are there to be able to simulate an IAP? Something is not linking up right. Thanks for any advice.

iapfire tvdebugging
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jacek avatar image
Jacek answered

Take a look at this document - https://developer.amazon.com/docs/in-app-purchasing/iap-app-tester-user-guide.html#view-the-iap-items-in-your-json-file If under '5. IAP Items in JSON file' you see your items, you are good. There is nothing you need to do on this side to see IAP working in your app.

We did Web app, so it is a bit different, but concepts should be more or less the same.

1. Check whether you get notification that 'Amazon SDK' is ready. I guess App Tester is giving this notification. You may want to do it early in the startup process.

2. Register your callbacks. To start, try ProductDataResponse only (or rather equivalent from Java).

3. Call equivalent to getProductData, where you provide one valid item (from your JSON file), and one crap item. The crap item will give you rejected info, but that still means that you are taking to App Tester. Once you see something going on here, you know that you have it working.

Here is the main document from Amazon - https://developer.amazon.com/docs/in-app-purchasing/iap-overview.html

Hope that helps. Jacek

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Wanja99 avatar image
Wanja99 answered

If I use once a logged out user App Tester doesn't work anymore, even when using a logged in user. After deinstall, new downloading and pushing the json again, it works again.

Wanja99 avatar image
Wanja99 answered

For testing with LAT you could upload a debug.apk