question

Kyle avatar image
Kyle asked ·

Why IAP saying "you already Subscribed" ?

1) IAP is working properly but my problem is

- First i am signing-up from the app then subscribed for item using IAP workflow all working properly.

like:

calling this method onPurchaseResponse() getting userId , receipt than i am updating it to my Server side and after successfully response i am calling this method PurchasingService.notifyFulfillment(); all working properly.

-But my problem is when i am logout from my app and signing-up and trying to subscribe again for new customer from same device its saying me "You already subscribed for this item".

-I have doubt that while logout from app Amazon User data not removed properly because i am only deleting User session. so do I need to do some other thing to logout properly or some thing else. Please help me to solve this. Thanks

-

iapfire tabletamazon appstore
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered ·

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for posting! It's unclear what you mean by "signing-up from the app" and "logout from my app". In-app purchases go through the Amazon Appstore client app that is installed on your mobile device, and so if you want to test purchasing subscriptions for a different user, you have to logout from the Amazon account in the Appstore client app, then login with a different Amazon account, and only then your app will be able to successfully purchase that specific IAP item again, this time for a different user. I hope that answers your question. Thanks!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kyle avatar image
Kyle answered ·

Hi Levon,

I appreciate your prompt response. Let me clarify our problem further. First off, when we check IAP via your Amazon AppStore Client app (whose app title is Amazon App Tester), everything works perfectly (i.e. every user is updated to premium as i switch from Amazon user 1 to Amazon user 2).

On the flip side, here is what happens when I use the actual app in question (Bigstar Movies):

• Download and install app. Works perfectly
  • Create a new account. Works perfectly
  • Upgrade to premium (via IAP). Works perfectly.
  • Sign this user out of Bigstar (the way you log out from Netflix or other apps). Works perfectly.
  • Create another new account on Bigstar (eg. my spouse also uses my device but wants her own logins). Works perfectly.
  • Upgrade this new account to premium. FAILS! Error being: You are already subscribed for this item.

What we need help with is to figure out how to make the second user also premium even if the device for both users (my spouse and I) is the same. Essentially, Bigstar has gotten two new and unique requests to make users premium but money is deducted only once. Are we to expect the new user (my spouse) to log out of my AMAZON account along with my Bigstar account in order to buy her own subscription on Bigstar?

Going back to the Netflix example (assuming I am a premium Netflix member), does this mean that my spouse first has to log me out of Netflix, then log me out of my Amazon tablet device, then create her own Amazon account, then log into her Netflix account and then make it premium?

Please let me know if this is the case? If not, then I would really appreciate if you could review the steps mentioned above and apprise me of how we can resolve the failure that we experienced (last step in our bullet points).

Feel free to reach out to me should you require further clarification on this. I'm not sure about your policies but I'd be happy to get on a quick call with you guys to figure this out if needed.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

2 comments

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem.

Can you please help me out how you solved this?

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-701cbc98-ebad-4761-b16e-176352c5c3c0 avatar image newuser-701cbc98-ebad-4761-b16e-176352c5c3c0 newuser-701cbc98-ebad-4761-b16e-176352c5c3c0 ·

@Levon@Amazon

Please help, having exactly same problem as beautifully stated by Kyle above.

0 Likes 0 ·