question

newuser-5b228099-604f-4af8-bb1e-b2873b87d001 avatar image
newuser-5b228099-604f-4af8-bb1e-b2873b87d001 asked ·

Sales Ceiling?

Hi Merch, I'm in one of the higher tiers and my monthly royalties have steadily stayed the same the entire year (around $3,000, not bad!) despite year round efforts of uploading more designs, I just wanted to know if there is some sort of sales ceiling in place as I can't seem to break above that number no matter what I do. Right now it feels any effort put into making new designs and uploading is wasted, can you confirm or deny a sales ceiling on higher accounts? I know it makes sense from a management point of view but just wanted to make sure. Also, great news that all Amazon employees are getting a raise, congrats!

royalties
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mike avatar image
Mike answered ·

Normally I’m not one to espouse conspiracy theory, but in the case of Merch I’d believe anything. I’m in a high tier as well- same pattern here. It’s almost like clockwork...if I start a month off quickly, it’ll fizzle out around the middle to put me back on pace. If I start off slow, it’ll typically pick up and get me even.

Of course all bets are off in Q4- the freeze will set in and things go south.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

NickR avatar image
NickR answered ·

Wow, glad I’m not the only one with those results. Same thing, start the month like I’m going to crush it and then it tanks mid month.

newuser-f0b3080b-486e-4fb4-8a21-138c8d89f837 avatar image
newuser-f0b3080b-486e-4fb4-8a21-138c8d89f837 answered ·

there are definitely arbitrary algorithm limits. its stupid

newuser-5b228099-604f-4af8-bb1e-b2873b87d001 avatar image
newuser-5b228099-604f-4af8-bb1e-b2873b87d001 answered ·

Odd that quite a few are reporting the same, I guess that confirms it - I have no problem putting in countless hours if I'm compensated for it but if I'm capped it makes more sense to focus on other endeavours.

c.i avatar image
c.i answered ·

Its probably an Ai Algo that's evening out the averages across all tiers to compensate the current product inventory or how many mech items they can print on there machine daily.. So it prevents a backlog of designs to be printed and angry customers waiting days or weeks for there item.

2 comments

will the resulting issue coming from the MBA team opening the floodgates and letting copycats and improvecats run amuck while tiering up people left and right. market is flooded

1 Like 1 ·

This is addressed indirectly under MBA's Resources FAQ section:

"Why would Merch limit product availability? -
As a print on demand service, Merch can fulfill a fixed number of orders each day. If demand exceeds capacity, we may not be able to ship all orders so customers receive them by their expected delivery date. To ensure customer orders are shipped on time, we may temporarily reduce the availability of some products."

0 Likes 0 ·
T-Shirt Design Fan avatar image
T-Shirt Design Fan answered ·

Agree with c.i. It makes perfect sense if you think about how many thousands of new designs are probably added daily. With such a large catalog, Amazon has to rotate designs in order give visibility to everyone. So it really doesn't surprise me this happens. It would be different if they stopped letting people in the program, but I think the higher your tier, the harder it will be to scale as months go by. For lower sellers (let's say 5-10 per month) it will be easier to scale/grow and double that......but once you get to a certain tier I would imagine growing is harder with them adding new people.

So I don't think there's a ceiling, but there's only so many times your designs can be featured/listed with all the other 20 gazillion designs they are displaying. And then there's shipping and printing demands, etc.