question

jmee avatar image
jmee asked ·

Hello, I need help reinstating my Merch tshirt design.

It was removed by mistake when I was reporting a copyright violation (they deleted my links I gave as the proof urls of my IP in the DMCA notice) I may have emailed the wrong address - the infringing copy was on Teechip. I keep trying to reach someone about it but am having no luck. Can someone please help?

merch by amazonhelpcopyright
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

FocusedOnResults avatar image
FocusedOnResults answered ·

To clarify - you emailed Merch about copycat content on TeeChip?

2 comments

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Yes. I was told that Amazon was the host. Admittedly I know very little about the DMCA process.

0 Likes 0 ·

I emailed the copyright issues address at Amazon the site suggested.

0 Likes 0 ·
Elizabeth@Amazon avatar image
Elizabeth@Amazon answered ·

Thank you for the question. If you have any questions or concerns about the claim you filed, please follow up directly on any communication you received regarding your claim. This will ensure that the correct team reviews and handles your case.

1 comment

Thank you. They did email me back and have reinstated the designs.

0 Likes 0 ·
FocusedOnResults avatar image
FocusedOnResults answered ·

To begin - you need to fully educate yourself on the DMCA process.

In what I've read, you stated you emailed Merch about a copycat on TeePublic.

You then state you emailed the copyright issues address at the site Amazon suggested.

Who told you that Amazon was the host?

In reading your comments, the situation doesn't make sense to me at all, but that could be simply because you don't understand the process and therefor, aren't explaining it well.

People are very willing to help in this forum but you need to have all your ducks in a row and know the steps of any process such as a DMCA take down request.

Ideally you'll update that the matter sorted out. If it doesn't, gather the facts, post again and hopefully someone in the forum can guide you a bit. Kindest regards.

1 comment

Thank you,

I really do need to fully educate myself on the DMCA process. I've been trying. I'm not computer knowledgeable either so that doesn't help.

A FB community about Teechip and copyright infringement posted a form letter to send to Amazon, saying it worked for them. This link https://tools.tracemyip.org/lookup/teechip.com shows Amazon as the ISP and us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com as the reverse DNS host. (?)

:]

0 Likes 0 ·