question

newuser-4bff660d-65a9-4304-ae90-94e6428801ba avatar image

Integrate Private Alexa Skill in my own app

I have been searching everywhere to find a right answer but couldn't find it. I have an Private Alexa Skill. What I want to do is to implement the Alexa Voice Service in an mobile App to access that Skill. So in that app, i click a button and say:

"Alexa, start MyPrivatSkill" --> and it starts my private skill and i have access to that skills functionality. I know I probably have to use Alexa for Business for that. But otherwise, is it possible to achieve that?

Or is that something that is better realized with Amazon Lex? Because my Skill is mostly simple Question->Answer.

alexa skills kitalexa voice servicealexaalexa for business
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Milo Oostergo avatar image
Milo Oostergo answered

When you integrate AVS into your app, customers get access your skill but also all Alexa built-in capabilities and other 3P skills. If this not the desired behavior and you only want to access your skill, Amazon Lex is indeed a better option.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.