question

A. T. Stolk avatar image
A. T. Stolk asked

App Testing Service should exclude based on Manifest.

I like the App Testing Service. It's great that I can get logcats and screenshots from your test devices.

What concerns me is that my app is not properly screened before testing.

I have an OpenGL-ES3 only app, and this is marked as such in the Manifest.

Even though the App Testing Service correctly excludes some Fire devices from the test list, it does miss a few exclusions.

My ES3 app is tested on the following ES2 devices:

• - Fire HD 7 (7th gen)
  • - Fire (5th gen)

and subsequently fails the test on these devices.

It is also tested on all six Fire TV devices, even though I require 'multi touch hardware' in the Manifest file.

testing
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

A. T. Stolk avatar image
A. T. Stolk answered

FYI, this is the crash on those devices:

I armor  : number of EGL configurations that match our preferred criteria: 1
I [MALI][Gralloc]: usage: 0xf02, format: 1 stride: 1024 vertical_stride: 600 size: 2457600
I MaliEGL : [Mali]window_type=1, is_framebuffer=0, errnum = 0
I MaliEGL : [Mali]surface->num_buffers=4, surface->num_frames=3, win_min_undequeued=1
I MaliEGL : [Mali]max_allowed_dequeued_buffers=3
W MALI  : __egl_set_error:110: [WARNING]Mali EGL errorcode: 3004
E armor  : ASSERT FAILED at /home/bram/apps/GBase/src/Android/androidsupport.cpp(271): eglerr==EGL_SUCCESS / eglCreateContext failed with Unrecognized attribute or attribute value

And it triggered when I do:

const EGLint contextAttribs[] =
{
  EGL_CONTEXT_CLIENT_VERSION, 3,
  EGL_NONE
};
context = eglCreateContext( display, config, NULL, contextAttribs );

So it found a matching config, but the attribute of CLIENT_VERSION set to 3 will cause the error. Hence, no ES3 compatibility.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi there,

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. The ATS team added this to their backlog to investigate. In the meantime, please do not rely on ATS for testing, as it is intended as a quick and one time only check to see whether your app is compatible with Appstore in general. For continuous beta testing please use the Live App Testing service: https://developer.amazon.com/live-app-testing -- thanks!

10 |5000