question

newuser-16003977-3984-4193-a603-14c166aec11f avatar image

How to disable an obsolete apk version of an application that is live on the amazon appstore ?

Hi,

I published an update of my application and it has been validated and is live on appstore

My problem is that a previous apk version is still visible for devices that are not supported by the new version of the application.

My question is how to disable an obsolete apk version of an application that is live on the amazonappstore ?

Thanks

amazon appstoreapp submission and updates
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Oswald avatar image
Oswald answered

That is an excellent question. I will do my best to help lay this out for you. Since your app is already live, you will not be able to edit the APK files that have already been uploaded to your app. So what you are going to want to do first is add an upcoming version and then go to the APK files tab and click "Edit".

From here you are going to actually remove the new APK file from your app via the little trash can icon. Then you should see a little icon on the old APK section that looks like 2 spinning arrows. You will want to click on that and upload your new APK ontop of your old one. This way you have all of the device support from your old version, on top of any updates you have made to the new APK file.

I hope this helps clarify things a bit for you!

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.