question

bhargavHere avatar image
bhargavHere asked

ask-cli init fails under proxy after token fetch.

I am under proxy. So i am not able to use the ask-cli module. Since, it fails to fire the amazon api. i guess!! So, i can't use any other commands like ask deploy etc.

I use linux environment.

Have tried all possibilities like setting env variables as per this link,

I have the updated modules,

$ node -v

v10.9.0

$ npm -v

$ ask -v

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is the terminal log - linux.

[brgvkmr@localhost ~]$ ask init --no-browser

? Please create a new profile or overwrite the existing profile.

[brgvkmr] "default"

-------------------- Initialize CLI --------------------

Setting up ask profile: [brgvkmr]

? Please choose one from the following AWS profiles for skill's Lambda function deployment.

Use the AWS environment variables.

Paste the following url to your browser:

https://www.amazon.com/ap/oa/xyz #some url which opens for authentication and returns back the Auth code.

? Please enter the Authorization Code: #auth_code

Tokens fetched and recorded in ask-cli config.

Request to the Alexa Skill Management API service failed. // error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tried using --debug flag,

Tokens fetched and recorded in ask-cli config.

Request to the Alexa Skill Management API service failed.

-------------------- Debug Mode --------------------

/home/appuser/bhargavWorkSpace/node-v6.10.0/lib/node_modules/ask-cli/lib/utils/logger-utility.js:37

console.warn('[' + item.time + '] - ' + LEVEL_MAPPING[item.level] + ' - ' + item.activity.toUpperCase());

^

TypeError: Cannot read property 'toUpperCase' of undefined

at displayLogs (/home/appuser/bhargavWorkSpace/node-v6.10.0/lib/node_modules/ask-cli/lib/utils/logger-utility.js:37:106)

at process.on (/home/appuser/bhargavWorkSpace/node-v6.10.0/lib/node_modules/ask-cli/lib/utils/logger-utility.js:61:13)

at emitOne (events.js:101:20)

at process.emit (events.js:188:7)

at processEmit [as emit] (/home/appuser/bhargavWorkSpace/node-v6.10.0/lib/node_modules/ask-cli/node_modules/signal-exit/index.js:149:35)

at process.exit (internal/process.js:146:15)

at Request.request [as _callback] (/home/appuser/bhargavWorkSpace/node-v6.10.0/lib/node_modules/ask-cli/lib/api/request-wrapper.js:52:25)

at self.callback (/home/appuser/bhargavWorkSpace/node-v6.10.0/lib/node_modules/ask-cli/node_modules/request/request.js:185:22)

at emitOne (events.js:96:13)

at Request.emit (events.js:188:7)

at Request.onRequestError (/home/appuser/bhargavWorkSpace/node-v6.10.0/lib/node_modules/ask-cli/node_modules/request/request.js:881:8)

at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:188:7)

at TLSSocket.socketErrorListener (_http_client.js:310:9)

at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:188:7)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alexa skills kitalexa voice serviceapiask cliskills
1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I'm also encountering this error behind my firewall. Are there some specific ports that need to be opened other than 443?

0 Likes 0 ·
Anand@Amazon avatar image
Anand@Amazon answered

Hello @bhargavHere

What happens when you run command $ ask init ?

Check this link for more details.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Aashish Kumar avatar image
Aashish Kumar answered

Is this problem resolved? Having the same issue.

1 comment
10 |5000

Hi @Aashish Kumar

Can you elaborate more on your issue? Please also share error details for debugging.

0 Likes 0 ·