question

RW avatar image
RW asked ·

Why can't Amazon Merch Seller Support give a straight answer to anything?

Is Amazon Merch Seller Support staffed by real people, or is it a robotic autoresponder?

Their replies to every issue are the same stock copy / paste from the FAQ section. That does not help if we have a specific enquiry related to our product.

For example, I recently had a design rejected and asked explicitly what was causing the rejection, as I had checked copyright, trademark and all content policy and found no infringement.

Their reply was the follow stock copy and paste:

"Please remove any language which references the quality of the product, makes promises about the speed of shipping or fulfillment, or references the manufacturing country of origin from your product description and resubmit for reconsideration."

My design did NOT reference quality, shipping or country of origin anywhere, so I replied asking for the specific wording that was causing the problem, to which I again received the same stock copy and paste reply as above.

I asked again, which SPECIFIC WORDING was causing the issue, and received exactly the same copy paste reply again.

I asked one last time what was causing the issue, and guess what...same stock reply, except this time they said "our decision is final" and "any further correspondence will not be answered".

Why can't they just give a straight answer to a straight question? I clearly stated several times that the design had been checked thoroughly and was not causing any infringements and asked them to tell me specifically what they considered the problem to be - surely a simple question and a simple answer!

It seems to me that seller support is actually a robotic autoresponder, set to respond to trigger words and send out the same stock replies until a max level of replies has been reached, when it will then close off the case.

This is extremely frustrating for sellers who are actually complying with content policies but find themselves completely barred off from any meaningful help because the support team will not engage in any actual support.

I also sell on other Amazon platforms that have proper support staff who actually answer your questions. I would like to know why Merch cannot do this.

Can Amazon explain?

merch by amazonpolicy
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dementees avatar image
Dementees answered ·

I've developed a theory that Amazon Mech is mostly run by robots. If you're persistent and the bots get tired of sending you the same stock "answers", you might get through to an actual human. I had it happen once and yes, I was shocked.

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I've never got through; just get the same stock replies until they refuse to answer anymore. Great "support".

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-f30e70ad-80d3-40da-98dc-85ed39e7ff53 avatar image
newuser-f30e70ad-80d3-40da-98dc-85ed39e7ff53 answered ·

Same thing happened to me. Sent multiple requests asking where the violation was. No violations. It became a guessing game. I eventually removed part of a description and the product was finally approved. Nothing to do with the design.

idontcare avatar image
idontcare answered ·

yes.its ridiculous