question

SpanishPorFavor avatar image
SpanishPorFavor asked

Alexa reviewer inconsistency

Hi,

About a month ago we submitted a flash skill in spanish for Alexa certification, after a few days we received a message from the Alexa reviewer indicating that the certification process failed with the following reason: "the preamble for the feed must clearly identify the feed and provide relevant information", the reviewer asked to change the preamble of the feed to:

Actual: "Noticias de Marca.com"
Expected: "En las noticias de última hora" 

We replaced the preamble field with the reviewer suggestion and the flash skill passed the certification.

Last week we submitted a new flash skill also in spanish and today we received a message from the Alexa reviewer indicating that the new skill failed the certification process with the following reason: "the preamble of the feed must clearly identify the feed and provide relevant information", this time the reviewer asked to to change the preamble field to:

Actual: "En las noticias de última hora" 
Expected: "En Noticias de última hora "

As you can see we submitted the new skill with the suggested preamble of the first skill that passed the certification, but the reviewer for the new skill asked to change it with a similar preamble.

I asked a spanish grammar teacher about which of the reviewer preamble suggestions is correct, and she told me that in spanish both preambles are ok to use.

Why the inconsistency?

certificationflash briefingreviews
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Claudia@Amazon avatar image
Claudia@Amazon answered

Hello, thanks for posting on our forum.

As this issue is specific to your account, please file a contact us here where we will be able to assist further.

Regards,

Claudia

2 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Claudia, I'm interested in this topic. How important is the grammar for the final users? What are the rules? Would a google translate suffice?
0 Likes 0 ·
Claudia@Amazon avatar image Claudia@Amazon ♦ Jaime Camacho Corona ·

Hello Jaime, thanks for posting on our forum. As I have replied on the other thread too, grammar is very important. A poor translation of your skill description and metadata would not provide a good user experience. I would recommend having a look at this blogpost: https://developer.amazon.com/en-IN/blogs/alexa/alexa-skills-kit/2020/05/8-tip-for-effective-skill-description-and-metadata-writing

0 Likes 0 ·