question

C. Hinson avatar image
C. Hinson asked ·

RVS HTTP 505 Error

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has encountered a 505 error code from the Receipt Verification System, or if anyone from Amazon can describe what this error status means. It's not listed in the documented error codes that can be returned from the RVS. Thanks, just trying to give descriptive error logging in our server-side verification process.
iap
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

C. Hinson avatar image
C. Hinson answered ·
As close as I've been able to tell, it's related somehow to an invalid sharedSecret. I discovered we're sending an invalid sharedSecret to the RVS today. If I try sending manually, I get a 496 as expected, but somehow what we're sending generates a 505.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered ·
Yes, as per the RVS documentation, RVS sends error 496 in case of invalid shared secret code. Please check your shared secret code. It is best practice to ONLY call the RVS from a secure server because it hosts the shared secret. You SHOULD NOT call this service from your app. For the HTTP error 505, this might be the cause: This issue may occur if either of the following conditions exist: A third-party product is interfering with Internet Explorer. The HTTP 1.1 setting is enabled. Please check your settings. Hope this helps you.