question

bazwilliams avatar image
bazwilliams asked

InputController not honouring discovered input names

During discovery we include an InputController capability and as per the documentation we include a list of supported inputs. For example:

{   
    "interface": "Alexa.InputController",
    "type": "AlexaInterface",
    "version": "3"
    "inputs": [
        {
            "name": "Playlist"
        },
        {
            "name": "Radio"
        },
        {
            "name": "Songcast"
        },
        {
            "name": "Television"
        },
        {
            "name": "Spotify"
        }
    ]
}

However, if I utter "Alexa, change input to radio on <device>", my backend receives the following payload:

{
    "header": {
        "namespace": "Alexa.InputController",
        "name": "SelectInput",
        "payloadVersion": "3",
        "messageId": "544020a3-f66b-4c25-8405-847ff378dc9d",
        "correlationToken": "..."
    },
    "endpointId": "2s37rota",
    "payload": {
        "input": "TUNER"
    }
}

This is definitely unexpected behaviour! Furthermore, since there may not be an input named "TUNER", we correctly respond with an INVALID_VALUE and alexa then reports the device is not responding!!

Can you confirm if the names provided in the "input" property during discovery are referenced when requesting to change the input?

smart homecontrollerdevice discovery
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

apeksha avatar image
apeksha answered

It looks like you already got in touch with us via contact us, so as this issue is specific to your account, I will resolve this thread and get back to you there.

Going forward please track your case id #5292522731 for updates on this issue.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

roy-1 avatar image
roy-1 answered

Please check out my post in the following thread for a full list of currently supported values for input names:

https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/180200/can-inputcontroller-be-used-for-non-video.html

10 |5000