question

deepthisundaram avatar image
deepthisundaram asked ·

Refund option in Amazon

Hi, Google provides an option to developer for refunding money back to their customers in case they lose the license for paid apps due to hard reset. Similarly does Amazon provide any refund option to developer? Thanks.

iap
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anshul@Amazon avatar image
Anshul@Amazon answered ·
Amazon Customer Service has the ability to refund purchases under certain circumstances. We do not currently have an option for developers to refund purchases to customers.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

deepthisundaram avatar image
deepthisundaram answered ·
Could you please let us know under what circumstances the Amazon Custom Service would agree for a refund. Thanks.

Anshul@Amazon avatar image
Anshul@Amazon answered ·
To respond to your initial query, Amazon’s Product Return Policies state that digital orders are non-refundable. If a customer has an issue with a digital purchase, we ask them to reachout to Amazon Customer Care. To your broader question of needing to provide a refund in case of a hard reset – this is not necessary with the Amazon Appstore. When a customer purchases your app, Amazon associates the entitlement of the app to the customer’s Amazon.com account. Thus the app is always available to that customer via “My Apps --> Cloud” in the Amazon Appstore app, provided it is compatible with the device they are on. This ensures that customers have access to the content they have purchased.

newuser-69df7466-98c4-4248-84e5-2dcc47e951e7 avatar image
newuser-69df7466-98c4-4248-84e5-2dcc47e951e7 answered ·

Hi there. I have a question about the Refund option on Amazon. I can not see anywhere option for the refund to the customer. He purchased one of our games, but it doesn't work for him. so he request for refund. Can you let me know, how will that be available? Thank you.

1 comment

Hi,

Please ask your customer to contact Amazon Customer Service directly with their refund request. You can send them this link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes 0 ·