question

DmSProject avatar image
DmSProject asked ·

Status of claimed prizes and awarding Physical prizes ?

A two part, but related question.
1. How can I through the API (as a game) find out if all awarded/won prizes for a tournament are claimed or not through the API. I've looked through the provided interfaces and the API's but no luck so far. The use case is reagards to when we should treat the tournament as over in our game interface. The idea is that once all prizes are claimed, we can hide the references to the closed tournament from the players, but if we hide it too early, the players can't use the match-id to claim any remaining prizes.

2. Physical prizes
I've read up on the principles behind physical prizes from GameOn leaderboards.
- Only viable in the US, needs a contract/equivalent between dev and Amazon, must be pre-paid etc etc.

What I can't find is any documentation at all in the claim-prize calls is how to treat physical prizes.
I've implemented Vendor prize and hooked it up just fine so we can internally award our internal stuff based on what the player wins in a GameOn leaderboard. But as we plan to use physical prizes down the line, how would we go about to ensure that the winning players physical addresses etc is properly transferred to GameOn/Amazon so delivery can be performed?

Thanx in advance
/Dan

apigameon
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered ·

Hi DmSProject,

For the first question, GetMatchDetails API will return individual player’s awardedPrize status. Documentation is here: get-match-details, getmatchdetailsresponse_awardedprize. However, right now there is no public API telling whether all prizes have been redeemed/fulfilled from a tournament level.

For your use case, based on existing APIs, we suggest that you call getMatchDetails to know whether the individual player has claimed all prizes (for the match) or not; if not, show the tournament/prize to the player; otherwise hide it.

For the second question, we would need more information: could you please login to your Dev Portal account, click on "Contact Us" and specify your game name / ID, so I could forward that to the GameOn team. Include a link to this forum post, so I know the context. Thanks!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DmSProject avatar image
DmSProject answered ·

Oki.
getMatchDetails I know of, I use it to show individual players their status and if they have a prize to claim. However, since we do a bunch of tournaments leading up to a monthly final for qualified players, and we want to run hte final through GameOn due to the prize features, we would like a way to hide this final on our side once we know that all prizes are awarded, basically so we can set focus on new stuff. And obviously I don't really feel like looping all players to see if they have claimed a prize or not...

So should you decide put a feature like this in the admin API where we could quickly check if all prizes are awarded for a specific match/tournament, it would surely help us, and probably others as well :)

On the other question.
As soon as we reach the point where we want to award physical prizes, we will of course contact the relevant department for all details, agreements etc.
At this point, I'm getting very basic questions asked that I would like to answer on a slightly more detailed level than, I have no idea, the documentation doesn't say. :)
Questions like:
- "How will we pass the shipping addresses for those who won to GameOn so the prizes can be distributed? Would we do that over the api, or is it done through another channel?"

So at this point, that's all I need to know :)
/Dan

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered ·

Hi DmSProject,

The winner of the physical prize will receive a redemption link as part of the response to claim prize. This link will take them to the retail site which is where they will finish the actual prize claim process.

The claimer will need a valid Amazon account (which they have to log in with) to be able to claim (which involves providing a valid address and all). This way neither them nor us need to worry about the sensitive user information like an address, etc. Thanks!