question

Michael Thomas avatar image
Michael Thomas asked

Using Google IAP?

I'm considering putting my app on Amazon too, but am currently using Google in app purchase. I understand that won't work with Kindle, but will my app be rejected for use on phones that are already capable (ie, have Google Play)? Since I really don't know whether the Amazon store will be worthwhile, it's really hard to justify implementing a completely new in app purchase mechanism in the short term. thanks, Mike
iap
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi Mike, Yes, you cannot submit an app which has Google in-app purchase to Amazon Appstore. Amazon seeks to provide a straightforward, elegant API that requires minimal developer effort in implementing Amazon IAP. Please follow the below link for more information. https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/in-app-purchasing/reference/google-to-iap.html Thank you.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Michael Thomas avatar image
Michael Thomas answered
That's really too bad. I have no idea whether or not the Amazon store is worthwhile, but since I'd have to invest a significant amount of time to implement, build separate versions, test, test, test... sorry not worth the gamble. Mike
10 |5000

Brian Hall avatar image
Brian Hall answered

This post is from 2012, and a another/later post suggested it was possible to have one binary that you can submit to BOTH Google Play and Amazon

(See https://amazon.developer.forums.answerhub.com/questions/15571/porting-a-google-play-app.html?page=2&pageSize=10&sort=oldest)

So... Is it possible to have an app that has the code for Google IAP, so long as that code path won't execute on a version distributed by Amazon?

We are currently having our app rejected for "

Your app promotes or leads to the download of other applications, in the app or in the app metadata."

However, we can't find anything like that in our app or metadata, and wonder if the issue is instead our APK having Google IAP, even though it won't get called.

10 |5000