question

GetMyDriver avatar image
GetMyDriver asked

How do I stop the Splash Screen from displaying when a user presses play (Fire App Builder)

For some reason the splash screen comes up when a user presses play on live content. The app then sends the user back to the same screen again. The content then loads fine but only after a user presses play for the second time. It doesn't do it for on-demand content, only live feeds.

I've implemented the live feed option #2 (including a live tag in my manifest) as indicated here:

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/fire-app-builder/live-stream-configuration.html

Is there anything else I should do to stop it from doing this and automatically go into playing the content?

fire tvapplive app testingfire app builder
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi Richard,

Can you please send us a capture of the adb logcat when this error happens? Ideally, we'd also prefer to see the feed URL, navigator.json and category/content recipes to help us debug as well. Please upload all those files to your cloud storage, then login to your Dev Portal account, click on "Contact Us" and send us the link(s) to those files. Thanks!

1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello Levon, I'm having a similar error, when a video plays, how do i solve this please, thanks for your support.

0 Likes 0 ·
hexx avatar image
hexx answered

hello, solved:

Steps:

Step 1: From my TenFootPlaybackOverlayFragment class

you can use the double shift key to initiate a global search

Step 2: find the onInterceptTouchEvent method

Step 3: comment the return value onInterceptTouchEvent(event);

Step 4: and return a boolean of false;

clean and run project.

Hope this helps someone...

10 |5000