question

newuser-eab8d92d-2a1b-4ef9-bbd3-302ab6b1e630 avatar image
newuser-eab8d92d-2a1b-4ef9-bbd3-302ab6b1e630 asked ·

Question about Policy 3.3 / Problem!

I have a question about the Content Policy 3.3. I know the content Policy but I have a specific question! The support hasn't given me a real answer yet, I only received a general answer with reference to Policy 3,3 - which I know, though.

A few weeks ago I got a design rejected (had also asked for it, but didn't get a helpful answer.) This design contained the statement "No Glitter" in title and bullet points - exactly this statement should lead to the rejection "Content Policy 3.3". I uploaded the identical listing without "NO GLITTER", so I know this term was the problem.

I noticed with some of my designs that the customer thinks that my designs would glitter, i.e. would be set with stones or something similar. Since it is only a print, I wanted to make this clear to the customer with "No Glitter" to protect him and describe my Design right. In contrast to this, however, the design was rejected (Policy 3.3). There are unfortunately many shirts that are online and with the words "Glitter" or "Glow" cause confusion, what you can see in the reviews of the customers - so I wanted to describe the design appropriately and not with "Glitter".

I had prepared some shirts with the words "No Glitter" and of course did not release them after the rejection of the first. Unfortunately, after the start from the new marketplaces (uk and de), two shirts (with "NO GLITTER" in Title in Bullets) that were in the draft slipped through and are now in the review process and are therefore also rejected. I'm worried about my account. I just started selling in UK and DE (Tier 8000)

It confuses me a little bit that the word "glitter" is ok, although it confuses the customer (which is visible in the reviews) and "NO glitter" is a problem, although it describes the design and should help the costumer.

Can you pls explain me the problem with this?

Best Wishes

Marco

policy
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

FocusedOnResults avatar image
FocusedOnResults answered ·

Hello - I am curious regarding this statement -

I noticed with some of my designs that the customer thinks that my designs would glitter, i.e. would be set with stones or something similar.

Why would a person think this might be the case?

Thank you.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-eab8d92d-2a1b-4ef9-bbd3-302ab6b1e630 avatar image
newuser-eab8d92d-2a1b-4ef9-bbd3-302ab6b1e630 answered ·

If You create a Glitter-Effect it looked like sequins or something like and the Seller writes "Glitter" in the Title Customer thinks that is a real sequins and buy it. I saw this problem on a lot shirts. It is the Same problem with green Shirts to Halloween and the Word "Glow" ;)

T-Shirt Design Fan avatar image
T-Shirt Design Fan answered ·

The problem with putting "no glitter" or anything related to "glitter" in your description is it may make the shirt rank for that very keyword. Someone buys it (not reading your description) and thinks it's glitter. The one thing I've learned is customers do NOT read the descriptions or bullets. So if the word "no glitter" causes your shirt to rank for a glitter keyword you can still get a return or a bad review because the person thought there was glitter (again, they may not read the bullets). This is why I don't think it's a good idea to use those designs. They don't print anything like they look in the preview.