question

newuser-4c9c005c-4f8f-49c1-8fd2-0c560db889e0 avatar image

Why is this error popping up on ask init in cli? "Request to the Alexa Skill Management API service failed."

After running ask-init and after successful login I recieve the following: "Tokens fetched and recorded in ask-cli config. Request to the Alexa Skill Management API service failed." Can you please tell me what this error is in relation to?

alexa skills kitcertificationskills
16 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello,

I'm getting a similar error when I run ask init (in Windows cmd): after choosing/initialising my profile (which seems to work), I directly get an error which says "[Error] Failed to make request to the Alexa Skill Management API service.".

I've looked at several tutorials including the one from Amazon and none talk about the Alexa SMAPI, so I don't know what to do. I did try to install it and it seemed to work. So I have no idea what went wrong. Any help?

0 Likes 0 ·
Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra avatar image Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra ♦♦ newuser-70d13c0c-c3f7-404b-ad80-ad96969472b9 ·

Hello and thank you for your message.

If you are still having issues with ask init, please share the error message that shows up when you execute the command with the debug flag:

$ ask init --debug

Regards,
Barry

0 Likes 0 ·

Hello Barry,

Thank you for your answer. I don't get this error message anymore and I am able to run the "ask init" and "ask new" without problem. I am also now using PowerShell (admin).

The problem I do encounter now is that when I try to do "ask deploy", nothing happens.

Thank you again.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
newuser-4c9c005c-4f8f-49c1-8fd2-0c560db889e0 avatar image
newuser-4c9c005c-4f8f-49c1-8fd2-0c560db889e0 answered

In order to get ask-cli working properly I had to allow certificates from: amazonaws.com, api.amazonalexa.com and lastly amazon.com.

2 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello, can you provide more details, where did you add the certificates and how to add i am beginner here.

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·

Has anyone figured this out yet?

0 Likes 0 ·
Ron Wang avatar image
Ron Wang answered

For the general knowledge, this error message will only appear when the request to api.amazonalexa.com fails.

10 |5000