question

newuser-f0ffd794-2d25-4bb9-86af-1dd49f59b049 avatar image

Execute API Post before connection to CloudCam video stream?

I'm using CloudCam to set up basic video conferencing. The video works great and I'd like to take advantage of the 'Alexa, show me <camera-name>' on my Cube to start the video stream, but also hit an API endpoint before the video stream starts. I'm setting up a Cisco audio call for higher quality audio stream while the video stream is in the background.

How can I either modify the code that executes with the 'Alexa, show me <camera-name>' command, or execute the same behavior in a custom skill which would enable me to execute my REST call before the stream is instantiated?

alexacamera
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jenn@amazon avatar image
Jenn@amazon answered

You can't modify the behavior of the command since this is built-in functionality.

The utterance 'show me <camera name>' is part of the Smart Home API model and used by Smart Home skills to handle camera requests. End users can't customize the behavior when a CameraStreamController directive request is sent to the Skill to start streaming video.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-f0ffd794-2d25-4bb9-86af-1dd49f59b049 avatar image
newuser-f0ffd794-2d25-4bb9-86af-1dd49f59b049 answered

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear this isn't yet possible.

10 |5000