question

Amazon Customer avatar image
Amazon Customer asked

Why I get this error: "I'm sorry. This content is not available for purchase in your country at this time." ?

1) I have successfully created product with ASK-CLI and associated it with my skill. Deploy status shows "Update". Example product.json file is below:

{
  "version": "1.0",
  "type": "ENTITLEMENT",
  "referenceName": "product",
  "publishingInformation": {
    "locales": {
      "en-US": {
        "name": "Product",
        "summary": "This product offer a lot of value",
        "description": "This product offer a lot of value",
        "smallIconUri": "https://s3.amazonaws.com/image108x108.png",
        "largeIconUri": "https://s3.amazonaws.com/image512x512.png",
        "examplePhrases": [
          "buy product"
        ],
        "keywords": [
          "product"
        ],
        "customProductPrompts": {
          "purchasePromptDescription": "This product offer a lot of value",
          "boughtCardDescription": "Thank you for buying product"
        }
      }
    },
    "distributionCountries": [
      "US"
    ],
    "pricing": {
      "amazon.com": {
        "releaseDate": "2018-07-26T00:00Z",
        "defaultPriceListing": {
          "price": 0.99,
          "currency": "USD"
        }
      }
    },
    "taxInformation": {
      "category": "SOFTWARE"
    }
  },
  "privacyAndCompliance": {
    "locales": {
      "en-US": {
        "privacyPolicyUrl": "https://s3.amazonaws.com/policy.txt"
      }
    }
  },
  "testingInstructions": "TODO: REPLACE THIS WITH TESTING INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CERTIFICATION TEAM SO THEY KNOW HOW TO PURCHASE AND USE THIS PRODUCT",
  "purchasableState": "PURCHASABLE"
}

2) I am sending a Buy request with directives and correct productId as follows:

response = {
            'shouldEndSession': True,
            'directives': [{
              'type': 'Connections.SendRequest',
              'name': 'Buy',          
              'payload': {
                         'InSkillProduct': {
                             'productId': productId
                         }
               },
              'token': 'correlationToken'              
            }]
        }

3) I am getting the following error message

I'm sorry. This content is not available for purchase in your country at this time.

4) My developer account is in USA .

What could be causing this error message?

apiask cliisp
1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

This link states that " Important: In order to successfully retrieve products associated with a skill, the accounts used to test in-skill purchasing must be associated with a US address. This applies to developer accounts and beta-testing accounts."

My developer account has a US address, but when I query the products I have created using

"https://api.amazonalexa.com/v1/users/~current/skills/~current/inSkillProducts" API it return the field "purchasable":"NOT_PURCHASABLE". In the product.json file this field was marked PURCHASABLE after "ask deploy --target isp" command.

0 Likes 0 ·
Amazon Customer answered

Just in case somebody else bumps into this problem - here is how this problem got resolved:

My Amazon developer account had email address <myname@example.com> and developer account had my address in US.

I logged in to amazon.com using the same email address. I went to "Your Account" => "Content and Devices" ==> "Settings" tab ==> Country/Region Settings. For some reasons this was not in US (perhaps because I had sent some gifts overseas), so after changing the "Country of Residence" to my US address, the API started working as expected.

1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for posting this, I saw another thread had the same question where their account is in CA.

1 Like 1 ·
KAIYIN@AMAZON.COM avatar image
KAIYIN@AMAZON.COM answered

Can you provide the Skill Id? We will investigate. This error should only occur when you tested from a non-US account.

10 |5000

Amazon Customer answered

Hi Kaiyin,

> Can you provide the Skill Id? We will investigate.

> This error should only occur when you tested from a non-US account.

skill_IDs - first one is a simple test app written using Python and second one is your Github Alexa In-skill purchasing sample app (https://github.com/alexa/skill-sample-nodejs-fact-in-skill-purchases) that I deployed using your instructions.

amzn1.ask.skill.0ee6149c-e698-4ef0-8762-ba9425579fc3 and

amzn1.ask.skill.3b9d7b27-d83a-4061-aba5-fe9acc7106a7

My Amazon Developer account is in USA. I am based in Lexington, MA.

1 comment
10 |5000

Hi I reported this problem to internal development team, now we are waiting for the investigation result. Thank you for your patience.

1 Like 1 ·
KAIYIN@AMAZON.COM avatar image
KAIYIN@AMAZON.COM answered

Thanks for your patience, since this issue is related to sensitive account information, I chose to reply from our contact us :) Did you get the response?

1 comment
10 |5000

Thanks Kaiyin - yes I got your response and replied back with more details on those accounts in the same support ticket. I appreciate your support on solving this problem!

1 Like 1 ·