question

Don S - Livermore CA avatar image
Don S - Livermore CA asked ·

Echo show image display duration

In writing a custom echo skill for my echo show I can successfully display an image. After about 10 seconds, however, the echo show returns to the home page display. Why does this happen? Can I control the image display duration?

I'm using flask-ask on a raspberry pi as my interface to amazon services. I've tried various display templates.

alexa skills kitecho showdisplay templates
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jenn@amazon avatar image
Jenn@amazon answered ·

That's the expected behavior once the skill session ends. If you continue within the skill, the image will stay since it's within the same session.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Don S - Livermore CA avatar image
Don S - Livermore CA answered ·

Yes, I know if you stay active the session will remain open. The question is can you keep the session open while you are, for example, thinking about a response for more than the timeout duration.

There is an application for Echo Show called "chessboard" that plays music while it's waiting for you to decide on a move. This seems to be a work-around.

1 comment

Awesome, that's a great work around.

0 Likes 0 ·