question

micronick avatar image
micronick asked ·

Does anyone know if there is an AWS API or similar that would allow me to send in text (or SSML), and get back the audio of Alexa 'speaking' it?

I have an Alexa skill, which allows users to enter text on my website which is then made available to my Alexa skill to "speak". Since, Alexa is so robotic at least as of now, I want the users to have an option to preview how the text they are typing will sound on a real Alexa device.

Is there an Api which I can call, pass it some SSML or text and get back and .mp3 or some audio file which I can play back to the user? I see this happens in the Alexa simulator, which means it must be there. The question is, is it available to external developers?

alexa skills kitalexa voice serviceapiaws
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

ramkb_amazon avatar image
ramkb_amazon answered ·

Hello,

I believe the post https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/173303/text-to-speech-api.html answers your query as well.

Please let us know if you have more questions on this context!

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.