question

Amy-n-Ryan avatar image
Amy-n-Ryan asked

Why is the Alexa voice is normal loudness but News Brief content is barely audible?

alexadevices
2 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

This just started today, was working normally yesterday. This morning when asking for the news brief, the Alexa voice "Here's your flash briefing" etc is normal loudness and controlable with the volume ring, but all the news content briefings are barely audible. Turning the volume to max, the news briefing can barely be heard, but the Alexa introductions to each piece are ear piercingly loud!

I'm going to try unplugging it to reboot, but wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this issue with loudness.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Amy-n-Ryan. This is the exact same for me but has been happening for a while. @barry@amazon was looking in to it - I sent an mp3 recording of this in but they couldn't replicate it.

Adam

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Amy-n-Ryan avatar image
Amy-n-Ryan answered

This fixed itself after a timer (20 minute) went off. Perhaps there was a long running timer that had never properly closed.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.