question

AmyD avatar image
AmyD asked ·

Content policy clarification

Hi @Elizabeth@Amazon

I’m reviewing my listings to become compliant with the content policy and I have a specific question.

I understand talking about the quality of the t shirt isn't allowed but I need a bit more clarification of whether I need to remove sentences which say “available for Men and women” or “available in x, y, z colours and sizes”?

I won’t be adding sentences like that in the future but I’m wondering if we need to remove them i.e. will the listings be removed by Amazon if we don’t edit them? As it’s a huge job so I want to check if it's actually necessary.

Thanks!

policypolicy update
1 comment
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Another thing - is saying unisex t shirt (when talking about the long sleeve tee), hoodie or sweatshirt a policy violation?

0 Likes 0 ·
Elizabeth@Amazon avatar image
Elizabeth@Amazon answered ·

Thank you for your patience and your feedback. While we aren’t able to provide any direct guidance on what may or may not be a policy violation, we do want to try to help clarify this for you. When you go to update your listings, we recommend that you keep in mind that this policy applies to product related references. Any content you are putting in your description should be related to your design. If you have content in your description that is specifically related to the product itself or the shipping/fulfillment process, you’ll want to update that. If the content in your description is strictly related to the design, it likely won’t be considered a violation of this policy. Please also know that we are working on a plan to follow up with content creators who will need to update their listings with information on the specific products that need to be updated before designs are removed.

2 comments

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-536725b0-dfc1-4ec3-8f13-0ca65a1cfdc0 avatar image newuser-536725b0-dfc1-4ec3-8f13-0ca65a1cfdc0 newuser-ff3f1caa-8a9f-4f92-a064-5d854656dae1 ·

i've seen this pasted 3 times now.

0 Likes 0 ·
TEES avatar image
TEES answered ·

You don't need to list that ... it's attributed.

2 comments

We haven't been adding these terms in our recent listings. The questions is: do we need to remove them from old listings? Is it a policy violation?

0 Likes 0 ·

Maybe you should remove the older. Not sure how to give an answer on that. Sorry.

0 Likes 0 ·
AmyD avatar image
AmyD answered ·

Hey @Elizabeth@Amazon, would it be possible to get an answer on this? I'm part of some large facebook groups who are awaiting the answer too. To be super clear, I just need to know if saying these phrases are against the content policy:

available for Men and Women

Available in Men's and womens sizes

available in x, y, z sizes and colours

this unisex hoodie

This pullover hoodie

Thanks!

Patton avatar image
Patton answered ·

Yes, please give us some answers. We all want to be in compliance , just need to know how.

WS 33 avatar image
WS 33 answered ·

Is it possible to get a reason one of my items was rejected ? I checked USPTO -TESS a few times over, and this one is baffling me. is it possible to get clarification into my very last rejection so I know clearly what to avoid ???

atotee1 avatar image
atotee1 answered ·

Hey @Elizabeth@Amazon, I want to understand this if the product description portion is left blank is that a content policy violation? Because we are told it's an optional input.