question

Matt Kruse avatar image
Matt Kruse asked

ask deploy fails with 1.4.1: The Revision Id provided does not match the latest Revision Id

This is a new problem for me using the latest ASK CLI 1.4.1.

If I deploy once, it works fine. In .ask/config I see that deploy_settings.default.resources.lambda[0].revisionId has been updated.

Next time I try to deploy, I get this error message:

Error: Command failed: ask deploy
[Error]: Lambda update failed. Lambda ARN: arn:aws:lambda:us-east-1:664201(...)
The Revision Id provided does not match the latest Revision Id. Call the GetFunction/GetAlias API to retrieve the latest Revision Id

If I remove the revisionId attribute from .ask/config entirely, it works again.

This never happened before, I only noticed it tonight. I updated to 1.4.1 a few days ago.

alexa skills kitlambdaask cli
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra avatar image
Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra answered

Hi @Matt Kruse and thanks for posting.

Can you please provide more details?

- are you editing your lambda only locally in your computer or are you also editing it in the AWS Lambda webpage?
- does this issue happen only after you changed your code or does it happen if you issue

ask deploy

right after deploying it the first time?
- does this also happen if you try to deploy only your code, i.e. if you use

ask deploy -t lambda

- have you tried to use the --force flag:

ask deploy --force

The above command will proceed with the deployment regardless of eTags checks.

If you are still facing this issue, is it possible to share the output of

ask deploy --debug

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Barry

4 comments

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sure, will do these things as soon as I get a chance.

I am not doing any editing in the lambda console. But I did configured CloudWatch events to trigger my lambda. In recent attempts, the deploy has worked without problems. So perhaps doing other things connected to the lambda function changed its revision id?

I wasn't familiar with the --force option, but I will definitely try that next time it fails, along with --debug. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Matt Kruse and thanks for the feedback.

Glad to hear you are not facing any issues currently.

Feel free to contact us again if you need any further help.

Regards,
Barry

0 Likes 0 ·

i am getting the same error. i tried to remove revisionid from config file and tried ask deploy and ask deploy -t lambda. still it showing the same error.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Azio avatar image
Azio answered

try this command ask deploy --ignore-hash it worked for me. I faced the same issue but I am using aws cli version 2

1 comment

Hello and thank you for sharing your solution.

This question was asked before the ASK CLI v2 was launched. Currently, using the ask deploy --ignore-hash command will ignore the security verification and overwrite the skill's resources.

Regards,
Barry

0 Likes 0 ·