question

Amitoj Singh avatar image
Amitoj Singh asked

Is there a way to call same intent after say 30 seconds automatically ?

For example, I invoke the skill by saying alexa take a note and after 30 seconds alexa asks me for it then again after 1 min alexa aks me for a note. Basically use setInterval() (node.js) in a response. Make a response go forever after every 30 seconds.

alexa skills kitintentsresponse
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

arin avatar image
arin answered

I also have an application of the feature you are looking for and it would be great to have such functionality.

In the meantime, are you aware of "Developer Preview of Notifications"? The current form of the Notifications is not what you need but just in case:

https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/alexa/post/833b9af4-26e6-47d2-a13d-bdbd9a257512/expanded-developer-preview-of-notifications-for-alexa-skills

BTW, one not-nice solution: you can play a 30 sec silence recording after each speech. You will have to stay in your skill... but I guess this would solve your need somehow?

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jenn@amazon avatar image
Jenn@amazon answered

Sounds like a cool use case, submit a feature request with the use cases and we can route it to the Product Team for review.

10 |5000