question

newuser-2c571290-5066-4ecf-b49b-35e96df64bf6 avatar image

Alexa cannot discover devices

Alexa cannot discover devices but lambda code is running successfully. Its also not triggering the lambda function when i click discover devices from app

alexa smart homedevice discovery
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anand@Amazon avatar image
Anand@Amazon answered

Hello Developer,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

As you have created this skill only for IN locale so login with IN developer account in your companion app and try to discover devices.

I tried and discovery worked for me got one endpoint called "Bedroom Outlet".

Check screenshot for more reference.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

HugoDev avatar image
HugoDev answered

If your Lambda is ok, I guess you did not trigger the 'Alexa.Discover' intent. Otherwise, double check your endPoint association. use Console.log( ) to print out payload in your first line of Lambda to make sure Lambda is triggered. Then use error control to see whether 'Alexa.Discover' intent was triggered properly.

If 'Alexa.Discover' intent is triggered properly, then you need to check it's payload output, namely the feedback from Lambda to Alexa.

Hope this helps.

2 comments
10 |5000

By the way, there is an Account Linking setup to enable your developer account skill work with your Alexa app.

0 Likes 0 ·

Lambda is ok. I checked Alexa.Discover intent triggered properly/ Getting all the devices in Lambda. When discover Alexa cannot discover devices. What should I do?

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-e678560f-90ff-4515-9db7-88386cde9120 avatar image
newuser-e678560f-90ff-4515-9db7-88386cde9120 answered

Lambda is ok. I checked Alexa.Discover intent triggered properly. Getting all the devices in Lambda. When discover Alexa cannot discover devices. What should I do?

1 comment
10 |5000

Please share Discovery Response JSON with us for further debugging.

0 Likes 0 ·