question

newuser-52e7d718-a142-4401-9af4-a787fdc78382 avatar image

Hello All!

I want to figure out the simplest way for my Intent with the use of dialog.

So I am using built-in types such as AMAZON.DATE and AMAZON.DURATION,

Basically I need my skill to understand one slot either as in terms of duration, or if the customer prefers it saying as start Date and end Date, that also should be recognized as the same slot.

I have already tried to use separates slot for each as duration to be AMAZON.duration, startDate to be Amazon.Date and etc, but then for dialog you will need to choose one required, then the other wouldn't be considered as valid to fulfill dialog.

I was thinking of using entity resolution, but there were no examples on using that on Amazon built-in types especially related to those in time.

Do you know guys how to deal with such a problem, does anybody had an experience?

alexa skills kitslotsdialog modelbuilt-in librarydialog directive
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jenn@amazon avatar image
Jenn@amazon answered

You can't use entity resolution with Built-In Slots since those are designed with their own entity resolution logic.

If you can provide more context about what your skill does and share some of the utterances you currently have, it'll help us understand the type of interaction you're trying to build.

10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.