question

thutton avatar image
thutton asked

Can I reward Amazon gift cards as an in app reward using GameOn?

Hi.

I am looking to use GameOn as a way of creating gamification in an app idea im working on and would love to be able to provide rewards to winners of tournaments however I am based in the UK and am aware the real world prizes are only available in the US currently.

So I was wondering if I could reward tournament winners with Amazon gifts cards of different values instead? Do you provide this?

Thanks

Tom

gameon
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Oswald avatar image
Oswald answered

Hey Tom!

You are correct that the real world prizing is only currently available in the US. GameOn does allow Amazon gift cards as available prizes as a real world prize. Amazon does provide the prizes and fulfill the shipping of the prizes. However, it should be noted that the tournament creator will have to pay for each available prize that is being offered.

Here is a link to the GameOn FAQ for more information: https://developer.amazon.com/docs/gameon/faq.html

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thutton avatar image
thutton answered

Thank you so much for your answer Oswald :) Much appreciated.

Can I just ask....Users of the game can create their own competitions right? And would they be able to reward Gift Cards as prizes to these competitions with no cost to me the app developer? (If they pay for them of course?). Presumably they would need their own Amazon account.

Thanks

Tom

2 comments
10 |5000

Oswald avatar image Oswald commented ·

That is exactly right Tom! As long as the tournament creator pays for the prizes, the developer will only have to pay for score submissions due to backend usage.

1 Like 1 ·
thutton avatar image thutton Oswald commented ·

Thank you so much. Thats extremely useful :)

Much appreciated

Tom

0 Likes 0 ·