question

newuser-b9d698db-0b24-41bc-9a1e-1abfc648979c avatar image
newuser-b9d698db-0b24-41bc-9a1e-1abfc648979c asked ·

VAST implementation/ad server macros

I'm using Fire App Builder and have a variety of macros to fill in generating a url for my ad server (LKQD) in order to deliver a VAST tag to the user. I understand how to put in a static URL, but I'm not sure (a) how I can dynamically change that URL each time the app requests an advertisement from the ad server, and (b) where I can get the information I need to fill the URL macros—things stored in my XML/MRSS file like video duration or video title, which I'm not sure how to retrieve and access and put into the URL, as well as device–specific things like display width and height and device type/name.

I'm a real beginner at this (have exclusively done RSG/BrightScript development in the past) and so the answer to this may be obvious, but the documentation provided by Amazon is extremely limited. Thanks for your help.

designmonetization
1 comment
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Were you ever able to figure this out? I'm currently running into the same issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ross@Amazon avatar image
Ross@Amazon answered ·

Hi,

Have you read through the documentation for VAST Ads Component for Fire App Builder?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-528c8d8e-10a5-4de7-a79d-6ceb3b6793f3 avatar image
newuser-528c8d8e-10a5-4de7-a79d-6ceb3b6793f3 answered ·

Bump... I'm facing the same issue. The provided documentation does not help with this issue