question

Gysar avatar image
Gysar asked

Alexa Lambda programing with java complex dialogs

I have the following problem: I want to make a skill wich gets a "word" via a slot, searches in my database for objects, which contain the "word" and then gives them out as a list which can be navigatet through with the comands "back" (to go an object back) "repeat" (repeat the last objects title) "go on" (next objects title) "details" (for more information about the object) and "finish" (after that alexa is supposed to ask the user wether the user wants to search for another word, if yes the whole conversation starts over if no it just ends). I know how to get the slot and i know how to get the object out of the database but i don't know how I can create such a complex (well, for me it is) dialog. Can anyone help with a little hint or something?

alexahelpjavadialog model
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

KAIYIN@AMAZON.COM avatar image
KAIYIN@AMAZON.COM answered

From the description, it looks like you need to design several intents that has utterances "back", "repeat" and "go on", and use session attributes (session attributes can be stored in dynamodb too) to store and retrieve the current value and save the current status. This blog has more information about session attribute: https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/alexa/post/08edaa00-59e2-46b7-aace-4080f2a87450/using-session-attributes-in-your-alexa-skill-to-enhance-the-voice-experience

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.