question

patst avatar image
patst asked

Skill Invocation API: Session Attributes in response are encrypted and not readable

My custom skill sets session attributes inside the LaunchIntent.

I'm implementing automated tests and therefore using the Skill invocation API (https://developer.amazon.com/docs/smapi/skill-invocation-api.html ). I'm using the invocation API over the simulation API because I want to test sending game engine requests to the skill.

When I get the response back from the invocation api the session attributes I did set in the skill are not present.

But the invocationResponse JSON contains only some strange sessionAttributes entry:

"invocationResponse":{              
	"body":{                 
		"version":"1.0",               
		"sessionAttributes":{                    
			"SIS-ENCRYPTED":"AAAAZIQd___very_long_string____"            },

I want to verify the correct sessionAttributes are contained in the response. How can I read them?

Thanks for your help!

alexa skills kittestingsmapi
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

patst avatar image
patst answered

Just for information: As workaround I call the lambda now directly with the json payload and get responses back with the real session attributes (and not the 'SIS-ENCRYPTED' stuff).

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.