question

AbbasPullat avatar image
AbbasPullat asked ·

How to prove the intellectual property ownership of my app?

I'm going crazy out of this... Please help me to sort this out!!

amazon appstoresubmission testing certificationhow-topolicy
1 comment
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Melody avatar image
Melody answered ·

Thanks for posting in the forums! If you have been asked to provide valid intellectual property rights for an app submission, please note that documentation demonstrating that you have valid intellectual property rights must be either a formal confirmation letter from the intellectual property rights holder with a formal signature or a formal copy of the applicable license agreement. If you have any further questions about what such documents would look like, please speak with an intellectual property rights lawyer for further guidance.

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Same useless response, everywhere.

1 Like 1 ·
amazon avatar image
amazon answered ·

also have this error. my apps titled abrams tank, and theyre demanding i submit intellectual property rights papers. the name abrams tanks a common name of an military vehicle. aint coctacting the military to get their approval to use the name. this an error.

2 comments

Thanks for posting in the forums! We are unable to address account or app-specific inquiries in this public space. Please submit a "Contact Us" case for further assistance.

0 Likes 0 ·

You are unable to provide any support at all

0 Likes 0 ·
rk avatar image
rk answered ·

I have same filling ! I again and again get same answer, that I should provide

documentation demonstrating that I have valid intellectual property Rights !!! All screenshots from my account from Google Play not help ! I asked Amazon 4 times who has intellectual property Rights for my game, but they ignore my Question ! I have filling that I speak with full idiots …

rk avatar image
rk answered ·

Hello,

I have similair Problem!

I have developer account on Google Play with many my games and published this games on Amazon for long time too.

Now Amazon break my new update and want that I should provide "a confirmation letter from the intellectual property rights holder with a formal signature".

I already tried to explain to Amazon developers, that I'm same person on Google Play and Amazon and already provided screenshot from my Google Play account, but it's not enough for Amazon!

My apps on Amazon signed with same signature, which signed my games on Google Play,

but it's not enough for Amazon too!

They need "a confirmation letter from the intellectual property rights holder with a formal signature".

How I can explain to Amazon developers that If my last Submission

signed with same signature, wich have my games on Google Play - that mens I have full right for it !

It' looked absoult dubiously from Amazon site …

newuser-988f0bbd-e82d-4cd2-a257-8aabff17bd5f avatar image
newuser-988f0bbd-e82d-4cd2-a257-8aabff17bd5f answered ·

I have the same issue (feeling like speaking with complete idiots). I have asked them whether they have knowledge about an existing trademark like my app name, because I don't, and since I don't, what kind of confirmation could I have for a made up name, and still -- they just respond with the above generic message "blah blah valid authority blah blah". I think this tells a lot about care Amazon is taking of their App store.

Tapan Barman avatar image
Tapan Barman answered ·

Same hare as well I email them contact them but they just copy paste the same answer and if you go deeper and ask them few things they ignore to reply.

I got the same problem as

"Your app contains QR | Barcode Scanner and Generator. Please provide documentation demonstrating that you have the right to use QR | Barcode Scanner and Generator in images. The documentation must be either a confirmation letter from the intellectual property rights holder or a copy of the applicable license. If you are submitting an attachment, please send the form and relevant app information to 'amazon-developer-program@amazon.com'."

What the shit ? The complete app is mine the signature in the singed app is mine, and images (screenshot) are too mine. App is my own so why I won't have right to use its screenshot to upload during app submission? If you want to know how i made them I made them on Photoshop. If needed I can send you PSD files of them. F...k. Also I used AppWrap to create Phone mocks from my screenshot.

How I did ? Go play store to find app named AppWrap and download and use they have free and paid mock phone to use. It's totally shit. Pls explain Amazon.

Why I choosed to publish here? I am College kid and I don't have enough money to buy Google Play Console account that's why I am here. I am very upset. Because while making the app I were happy as it's my first successful build app but now stuck here.

1 comment

Totally agree with you. You should go to catapult and MI store. they are really good and developer support is also very excellent.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mustanser iqbal avatar image
Mustanser iqbal answered ·

Hi guys i have also the same problem but little bit different then yours.

My App is just a simple live streaming channel App. And i have the rights to use live streaming in my App. But i don't know how to send the permission Documentation to support team.

newuser-810a8b95-ab04-47b6-a2a7-b6b01259f047 avatar image
newuser-810a8b95-ab04-47b6-a2a7-b6b01259f047 answered ·

It's absolute nonsense. They're asking me to provide intellectual rights for a domain name THAT I OWN. Are you kidding me? Hello! It's MY Domain, clearly I have the rights to use the domain name and the name in question is my specific domain name, down to the TLD. Clearly this is their way of brushing off an app submission.

newuser-80cc38bf-798c-430e-a675-5cf3576aa99f avatar image
newuser-80cc38bf-798c-430e-a675-5cf3576aa99f answered ·

I think Amazon is totally trying to brush off app submissions. I submitted an Android app and it "failed to run" in order to be tested (note that it's on Google Play). Without having any information to resubmit, I instead submitted it as a web app by giving the URL. The app failed on the first submission (same as the Android app) - not able to test. I write back to Amazon - It's a URL - are your testers NOT connected to the internet??? That gets me past their first hurdle. Then the next hurdle, "Thanks for writing. Please provide Documentation demonstrating that you have valid intellectual property rights must be either a confirmation letter from the intellectual property rights holder with a formal signature or a copy of the applicable license agreement. We are unable to accept informal claims of rights." So, I upload a PDF of a formal document from New York State showing my assumed business name name, the same name that is listed on the app, along with my name. NOPE, rejected.

I guess the next step is that I write a "formal" letter that gives myself the rights to my own app.

But, like I said, I think the people who work at Amazon just try to get through their workload by doing the easiest thing - reject reject reject. For no other reason than to alleviate their workload.