question

zast avatar image
zast asked

Flash Briefing : accents in French (JSON feed)

Hi,

Using "Flash Briefing", how to read a json feed with accents in French?
For example for the letter "é", I tried adding unicode characters \0000E9 or html "é" but it doesn't work.

Thank you in advance

alexa skills kitflash briefing
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra avatar image
Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra answered

Hello and thank you for your message.

I understand you are having issues implementing a Flash Briefing skill in French. Can you provide more information regarding the problems you are facing? I was able to have Alexa read the following sentence from a Flash Briefing skill in French with no issues:

c'est un événement historique

Regards,

Barry

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zast avatar image
zast answered

Hi,

It does not read événement correctly.

Maybe it's because I host my json file on a linux server?

10 |5000

Darin Pope avatar image
Darin Pope answered

What is the URL your JSON feed?

10 |5000

lecomtj avatar image
lecomtj answered

I think that you need to change the way you open the JSON and add something like open("language_strings.json", "r", encoding="utf-8")

10 |5000