question

newuser-e185e1fc-09e6-4d98-ad41-3cdcbf12ae43 avatar image

How do you remove a language from an Alexa skill that's already published?

I have an Alexa skill that was originally written back when US English was the only dialect of English supported.

Since then, the skill has been automatically migrated to provide support for Canadian, UK, Indian, and Australian English. Now, we're going in to update the skill and we've noticed that each of these localisations has its own independent language model.

Since our skill is for a local institution within the US, it seems like overkill to maintain five versions of the language model at our scale. Is it possible to remove localisations from a previously deployed Alexa skill, so we can maintain a single copy and not need to worry about the other four localisations getting out of date? We have no intention of maintaining these auto-generated localisations, they'll just turn into technical debt as time goes on.

alexa skills kitinteraction modeldialog modelinteraction
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

johannes avatar image
johannes answered

Hello,

Thanks for posting on the forum. It is currently not possible to remove languages from an existing skill. Instead you can restrict availability in the publishing tab to only the countries that are relevant to your skill.

1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I assume this is still the case? I'm trying to do the same thing and it displays an error and tells me that it's unable to save and to try again later.

0 Likes 0 ·
KAIYIN@AMAZON.COM avatar image
KAIYIN@AMAZON.COM answered

What is your Skill Id?

10 |5000