question

newuser-752be110-4ba8-471c-80be-00b5496519d6 avatar image

Unlinking an account after 3 incorrect attempts

Hello!

This is a follow-up question to the one asked here in 2016: https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/39271/possible-to-unlink-account-from-skill.html . I do not know if any updates have been made to add this feature, so I wanted to re-ask the question.

The Security Testing Checklist (reference: https://developer.amazon.com/docs/custom-skills/security-testing-for-an-alexa-skill.html ) includes a test 2.4.4, which requires: "After three consecutive incorrect voice code attempts, the skill instructs you to reset your voice code. Attempting a fourth request with the original, correct voice code now fails."

In order to comply with this requirement, I am currently instructing the user to unlink their account, as our account-linking page is where the user sets their unlocking PIN. However, I cannot find a way to unlink/request that Amazon unlinks the user's account programmatically. The most I can do is keep track of the number of times the user speaks an incorrect PIN and suggest that they disable the skill (to un-link their account) and re-enable the skill and then link their account with a new PIN. This is a less-than-ideal user-experience.

Does anyone know if this feature requested in the question above in 2016 has been added?

alexa skills kitaccount linking
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-752be110-4ba8-471c-80be-00b5496519d6 avatar image
newuser-752be110-4ba8-471c-80be-00b5496519d6 answered

This is a really good question. We really need this this feature as well. Amazon?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra avatar image
Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra answered

Hello and thank you for your message.

At this moment, the only way to do that is as you described in your message, having the user disabling and enabling the skill again.

However, you can post this as a feature request in our ideas space here and it might be picked up for a future update.

Regards,

Barry

xs2bharat avatar image
xs2bharat answered