question

Robert avatar image
Robert asked

Echo Spot and FireTV Stick do not work for camera streams with resolutions above 1080P

Using the CameraStreamController, the The Echo Spot and FireTV Stick do not seem to work for camera streams with resolutions above 1080P. I could not find any documentation that suggests these devices have a maximum supported resolution for RTSP streams.

The Echo Show, FireTV 4K 3rd generation and FireTV 4K 2nd generation device all work with camera stream resolutions at least up to 4K (3840x2160).

Thanks, Robert

fire tvalexa smart homeecho spotcamera
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jenn@amazon avatar image
Jenn@amazon answered

The previous generation of FireTV stick supports up to 720p and 1080p up to 60 fps.

The Echo Spot has a 480x480 screen resolution.

1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I understand the limits of the devices video output capabilities to the physical LCD screens or HDMI displays but that's not what I'm asking about. I talking about the ability to accept and display a camera stream with higher resolutions. Of course the Alexa device will scale down the displayed video content to its current or maximum display resolution.

For example, the Echo Show can accept and play camera video resolutions up to 4K (at least that is the highest I'm able to test with) even though its output capabilities are only to a 1024x600 LCD display.

Both the FireTV 4K 2nd generation and 3rd generation devices can accept and play camera video resolutions up to 4K even though they may be connected to a TV with a maximum supported resolution of 1080P.

0 Likes 0 ·
Robert avatar image
Robert answered

I understand the limits of the devices video output capabilities to the physical LCD screens or HDMI displays but that's not what I'm asking about. I talking about the ability to accept and display a camera stream with higher resolutions. Of course the Alexa device will scale down the displayed video content to its current or maximum display resolution.

For example, the Echo Show can accept and play camera video resolutions up to 4K (at least that is the highest I'm able to test with) even though its output capabilities are only to a 1024x600 LCD display.

Both the FireTV 4K 2nd generation and 3rd generation devices can accept and play camera video resolutions up to 4K even though they may be connected to a TV with a maximum supported resolution of 1080P.

10 |5000

Robert avatar image
Robert answered

Bump! No response?

1 comment
10 |5000

Sorry about the delay on replying your thread @Robert.

From my understanding of your post, you are interesting in finding out official information regarding the maximal resolution for video input for the Echo Spot and FireTV Stick. Is that right?

Regards,
Barry

0 Likes 0 ·