question

lx_dev avatar image
lx_dev asked ·

Thermostats not supported for Routines?

When I try to create a Routine and under 'add action' when I select Smart Home: click on one of the thermostats listed , it says:

"This device is not currently supported"

Does that mean there is something incompatible with the Thermostat endpoint

OR in general thermostat cant be included in Routines?

The thermostat endpoint supports following capabilities with proactivelyReported = True:

[<br>    {<br>        "type": "AlexaInterface",<br>        "interface": "Alexa",<br>        "version": "3"},<br>    {<br>        "type": "AlexaInterface",<br>        "interface": "Alexa.ThermostatController",<br>        "version": "3",<br>        "properties": {<br>            "supported": [<br>                {<br>                    "name": "lowerSetpoint"},<br>                {<br>                    "name": "targetSetpoint"},<br>                {<br>                    "name": "upperSetpoint"},<br>                {<br>                    "name": "thermostatMode"}<br>            ],<br>            "proactivelyReported": True,<br>            "retrievable": True}<br>    },<br>    {<br>        "type": "AlexaInterface",<br>        "interface": "Alexa.TemperatureSensor",<br>        "version": "3",<br>        "properties": {<br>            "supported": [<br>                {<br>                    "name": "temperature"}<br>            ],<br>            "proactivelyReported": True,<br>            "retrievable": True},<br>    },<br>    {<br>        "type": "AlexaInterface",<br>        "interface": "Alexa.EndpointHealth",<br>        "version": "3",<br>        "properties": {<br>            "supported": [<br>                {<br>                    "name": "connectivity"}<br>            ],<br>            "proactivelyReported": False,  "retrievable": True}<br>    }<br>]
alexa smart homeroutinesthermostat
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

roy-1 avatar image
roy-1 answered ·

Hi lx_dev,

Thanks for posting. Alexa Routines are completely controlled on the end-user side. Thermostats are not currently supported, as I've just tried adding mine to a routine and was also not able to do so. If you'd like to submit this as a feature request, please follow the below instructions:

1. Open the Alexa Companion app.
2. Tap "Help & Feedback"
3. Tap "Send Feedback"
4. Fill out the form

Thank you.

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.