question

swemoney avatar image
swemoney asked

GDPR and mopub mediation

So far, Amazon is the only publisher I'm using that has not sent out some sort of "plan" for the GDPR rollout that's happening in only a few weeks now. I use MoPub to mediate all of my advertising partners and Amazon is the only publisher I'm using that isn't included in their "partnered" consent form. So I'll need to manually get consent and pass that information to the Mobile Ads SDK. How is Amazon planning on dealing with this and when can we expect to get an updated SDK that will allow support for GDPR when it goes into effect?

mobile adssdk
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Melody avatar image
Melody answered

As an update, we will be releasing a new version of the Amazon Mobile Ads Network SDK in the coming weeks.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Melody avatar image
Melody answered

Thanks for posting in the forums! You can find information about Amazon’s advertising services (including Amazon Mobile Ads) and the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) at

https://advertising.amazon.com/ad-specs/en/policy/gdpr?ref_=blog-inpage

1 comment
10 |5000

@Melody@Amazon, That's the same link I was given when I emailed support. There is very little useful information in regards to amazon mobile ads SDK support. At the VERY least, we require some sort of setting to disable personalized ads in GDPR regions until SDK support is released. It's literally DAYS until the deadline and we still don't have this?

0 Likes 0 ·
Amadeus avatar image
Amadeus answered

There is not enough information at that link and the adprefs link only allows changing access in browsers, how is it supposed to work for MOBILE ADS?

10 |5000