question

Giancarlo avatar image
Giancarlo asked

Audio cuts off from mp4 cuts off after 10 - 30 seconds

I have a Skill that presents videos to the users in the Show and Spot and it works perfectly there. I implemented the AudioPlayer interface to support non-display devices and just play the audio from the mp4 file using the audioPlayerPlay method like:

this.response.speak(prompt).audioPlayerPlay('REPLACE_ALL', url, tok);

The certification team responded saying:

All Audio files on non-display devices stop after ~10-30 seconds. It has also been noted sometimes they will continue on their own, or when prompted with "Alexa, Play". However, please ensure that all audio feeds complete successfully with no prompting from the user.

I found out this happens on the Echo but not on the Echo Spot. Checking the logs there isn't any call to a Pause/Stop/Cancel Intent. What could be causing this behavior?

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks!

certificationaudioaudioplayerecho spot
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Brian@Amazon avatar image
Brian@Amazon answered

As this issue is specific to your account, please file a contact us here where we will be able to assist further.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.