question

Geoff avatar image
Geoff asked ·

Color Fidelity on the Echo Buttons

I've been noticing that color fidelity on the echo buttons sometimes surprises me. I understand that they're lights so it doesn't surprise me that darker colors (like navy) aren't all that true to form. Beyond that, I've found some colors that just don't show up well. For example, brown (#733a2f) shows up very close to pink (#e472bf). Through hunting and pecking, I'm finding good colors to use, but I'm wondering whether there's any guidance beyond this on what shows up well and what to stay away from. Thanks in advance!

alexa skills kitbuttonsecho buttonsEcho Buttons Skill API
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jenn@amazon avatar image
Jenn@amazon answered ·

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

I reached out the Gadgets Team and asked for examples of colors rendered on the Buttons. We updated the Echo Button Animations reference with the examples of what the colors would look like on a Button. This should get you started on what colors to use and to avoid.

1 comment
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you! I think that this is really helpful and it does reflect what I was seeing in my testing.

1 Like 1 ·